Policies & Guidelines
POLICIES & GUIDELINES OF MIDTOWN MUSIC ACADEMY
1. ENROLLMENT BENEFITS
- Monthly enrollment covers weekly private lessons, monthly group classes, and all student recitals.
- The cost of books and materials is not included in tuition. Students will either be directed to purchase their own materials or be billed separately for materials provided by their teacher.
2. TUITION & PAYMENTS
- A $25 per family yearly registration fee is due upon initial enrollment, and at the beginning of the school year (August) in following years.
Tuition is a flat monthly rate, based on the number of private lessons offered throughout the year:
- 30-minute lessons: $110/month (available for students 10 and under)
- 45-minute lessons: $160/month
- 60-minute lessons: $210/month
- Tuition is due by auto-pay on the first day of each month. Any payment over 5 days late is subject to a $30 late fee.
3. STUDENT & PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice your assignments daily at home. Daily practice should be about the same length of time as your lesson, but this could be divided up into several short practice sessions.
- Bring your music, notebook, and instrument to each lesson
- Wash your hands before each lesson
- Keep your fingernails trimmed
- Be punctual, and always be ready to pick your child up on time. (Your teacher can only be responsible for each student during his or her scheduled lesson, and we want kids to be safe!)
- Ask any questions during your child’s lesson time, not after it. You can also communicate with your teacher during the week by email or phone.
- Be available to observe lessons, if you and your teacher agree that it is beneficial. This is particularly important if you are assisting young children in home practice.
- Be the cheerleader at home! Especially if you have a younger child, we want you feel equipped to assist in home practice, so please ask if you would like some helpful tips!
- Children playing on the playground must be under adult supervision.
Please do not bring a sick child to their lesson! If your child is not feeling well:
- Give your teacher at least 2 hours’ notice
- If your child is feeling well enough for a lesson, their lesson will be held during their regular lesson time using online video chat (Skype, FaceTime, etc.).
- If a student is not feeling well enough for an online lesson, the lesson may be rescheduled. Students may reschedule up to one lesson per month for illness.
If you have a schedule conflict (doctor appt., school outing, family trip, etc.):
- Give your teacher at least 24 hours’ notice
- Before your lesson time, send your teacher a video of your child playing their assigned pieces and exercises, and send a picture/scan of any completed written assignments. Your teacher will use their regular lesson time to review what you send, replying with feedback and a new assignment.
If the notice outlined above is not given, the missed lesson will be forfeited. There are no refunds for missed lessons.
If your teacher must miss a lesson, it will either be rescheduled or held using online video chat.
5. DISCONTINUING LESSONS
To discontinue lessons for any length of time (this includes taking a break):
- Give Midtown Music Academy written notice (email or text) a full month in advance.
- Example: To stop lessons after the month of March, you must notify your teacher by the end of February.